Pursuant to the Sixth Article of the Articles of Association, the Secretariat General decided to approve this bylaws on 12/12/2014.
First Article: Definitions
Forum: The Iraqi Forum for Intellectual & Academic.
System: Articles of Association.
Secretariat: Secretariat General of the Forum.
Assembly: General Assembly of the Forum.
Sectorial Disciplines Committees: Committees that represent the academic and professional sectorial specializations approved by the Secretariat-General and listed in the Eighth Article.
Headquarter: Temporary headquarter in the Turkish city of Istanbul.
Branch: The formation established by the Forum in a country other than the headquarter.
Second Article: Goals
Goals of the Forum are:
1. Gather the qualified Iraqis from all specializations under the same umbrella to ensure communication between them and benefiting from their experiences and capacities in building Iraq and solving its developmental problems.
2. Organize conferences and workshops and conduct studies that aim to diagnose the current problems in Iraq and suggest solutions for it.
3. Defend the rights of members and help to solve their scientific and professional problems.
4. Provide research and scientific opportunities for the qualified Iraqis so that they can practice their specializations.
5. Establish scientific and research centers and institutions that are capable of achieving goals of the Forum and benefiting from the experiences and capacities of its members.
Third Article: Membership
The membership is divided into:
Everyone of Iraqi origin or nationality who holds parchment along with scientific expertise in specialty of not less than five years, master or doctorate degree in one of the specializations, who supports goals of the Forum , submits a membership application accompanied by support of two members, gains approval of the Secretariat General and pays the membership fees.
The honorary membership is granted by approval of at least two-thirds of members of the Secretariat General for the one who provided valuable services for the Forum that fall within the scope of its goals.
End of Membership:
1. The membership ends in case of death, resignation or refrain from paying the subscription for two consecutive years. It also may be terminated by recommendation of the General Assembly.
2. The one whose membership has been terminated has the right to submit an objection to the General Assembly through the Secretariat General, and the General Assembly’s decision shall be final.
Fourth Article: Resources of the Forum
Resources of the Forum consist of the following:
1. Membership fees, donations and grants approved by the Secretariat General.
2. Income earned from advisory, scientific and professional activities.
3. Income earned from other investment activities that are matching with the Forum’s goals.
4. Accounts of the Forum shall be prepared according to the financial regulations and legal accounting rules followed in the country of headquarter or branch, and one of the Secretary-General’s deputies shall take over the responsibility of direct supervision on the financial matters.
Fifth Article: Organizational Structure
The organizational structure of the Forum consists of the following organizational units:
1. General Assembly.
2. Secretariat General.
3. Sectorial Disciplines Committees.
4. Branches of the Forum.
Sixth Article: General Assembly
1. It is the highest authority in the Forum and consists of all the working members who have paid the membership fees.
2. The Secretariat General invites the General Assembly for convening once a year during the three months that follow end of the fiscal year of the Forum determined by law of the registration country.
3. The General Assembly discusses the following:
a. Annual report for performance of the Secretariat General.
b. Final accounts and auditor’s report.
c. Appointment of an auditor.
d. Action plan of the Forum during the next year.
e. The budget needed to achieve the Forum’s program.
f. Any other businesses.
4. The Secretariat General determines date and place of convening the General Assembly, and all of the members who have the right to attend shall be notified in written about the meeting in the invitation letter addressed to each of them at least 30 days before the determined date.
5. The General Assembly will be convened in an extraordinary meeting based on invitation of the Secretariat General, request of one-third of the General Assembly’s members or fifty of them whichever is less along with expressing the purpose of that.
6. Agenda of the meeting shall be attached with the invitation to convene the extraordinary General Assembly as well as draft of the decision required to be taken. The General Assembly may not discuss matters other than the ones stated in the agenda with approval of a simple majority of total of the Assembly’s members.
7. Meeting of the General Assembly is not considered valid except by attendance of the simple majority of its members, and if the number was not completed the session will be adjourned provided that it shall be convened again after at least one hour and the convening in this case is considered valid if it was attended by not less than 10% of the members or 50 of them whichever is less.
8. Member of the Assembly has the right to appoint as a deputy another member to represent him in attending meeting of the General Assembly and the deputized member may not represent more than one member.
9. The General Assembly will be headed by the Secretary-General of the Forum or one of his deputies.
10. Decisions will be issued by the simple majority of the members present except that are related to amending the Bylaws or dissolution of the Forum.
Seventh Article: Secretariat General of the Forum
1. The Forum will be managed by the Secretariat General that consists of the Secretary-General, his deputies, Secretary and heads of the Sectorial Disciplines Committees.
2. In case of adding new specialization through creation or as a result of dividing the activity of one specialization to more than one then members of the new specialization shall inform the Secretariat General about name of Chairman of that committee, his deputy and reporter for that committee. In this case, Chairman of that committee will join the Secretariat General after its approval.
3. The General Assembly elects Secretary-General of the Forum among the candidates through direct ballot and the one who gains simple majority will win. In case that no candidate gained this percentage, then another round will be conducted among the candidates who gained the highest percentages and the one who gets the highest number of votes will be the winner in the second round.
4. Duration of the session of the Secretariat General is three years and the Secretary-General does not have the right to renew for more than one session only.
5. The Secretariat General shall meet once every two months and the meeting is considered valid by presence of the simple majority of the Secretariat’s members. Decisions will be taken through simple majority of votes and in case of equality of votes, vote of the Secretary-General will be the casting vote.
6. The Secretariat General sets the administrative and financial rules and regulations, carries out conduct of the Forum businesses, decides on the membership applications and implements decisions of the General Assembly.
7. The Secretary-General deputizes one of his deputies in his absence, and if such was impossible the Secretariat General chooses one of the deputies to take over tasks of the Secretary-General.
8. The Secretariat General has the right to authorize some of its terms of reference to a committee that includes some members of the Secretariat General including the Secretary-General, one of his deputies or the Secretary and no more than three members from outside the Secretariat General.
9. The Secretariat General has the right to form advisory committees from external members provided that each committee shall be headed by one of the Secretariat’s members.
10. The General Assembly based on proposal of the Secretariat General has the right to form an advisory board for the Forum from the eminent personalities that support goals of the Forum.
Eighth Article: Secretary-General
1. He is the official spokesperson for the Forum and he carries out presidency of the Secretariat General and General Assembly, he also represents the Forum in all matters including signing on its documents and agreements.
2. He follows up all matters of the Forum including the financial and administrative matters, businesses of the Sectorial Disciplines Committees, tasks and office of members of the Secretariat-General.
3. Signing on the financial disbursement lists.
Ninth Article: Deputies of the Secretary-General
Deputies of the Secretary-General take over authorities and duties determined by the Secretariat General by agreement or voting including the supervision responsibility and following up affairs of a number of the Sectorial Disciplines Committees and in case of equality of votes, then vote of the Secretary-General will be the casting vote.
Tenth Article: The Secretary
1. He is the administrative authorized person of the Forum and he has the responsibility to manage and coordinate the Forum’s activities as well as having the right to employ who is needed to manage the Forum’s matters with or without a wage.
2. He records minutes of sessions of the Secretariat General, keeps the records, invites for meetings and submits the reports.
3. He keeps the legal accounting records and books and he has the right of general supervision on the Assembly’s revenues and expenditure as well as issuing the necessary documents.
4. Following up implementation of the Secretariat General decisions
5. Signing besides the president or his deputy on disbursement vouchers and instruments.
6. Following up preparation of the final accounts of the Forum and submission of the annual financial report.
Eleventh Article: Sectorial Disciplines Committees
First: The Forum has a number of Sectorial Disciplines Committees that elect a Chairman for it who will become a member in the Secretariat-general:
1. Culture, Media and Arts Committee.
2. Sports and Youth Committee.
3. Agriculture and Irrigation Committee.
4. Industry, Energy (Electricity and Oil) and Natural Resources Committee.
5. Housing and Infrastructure Committee.
6. Economic Committee.
7. Management, Statistics and Strategic Planning Committee.
8. Humanitarian and Social Sciences Committee.
9. Health Committee.
10. Education, High Education and Scientific Research Committee.
11. Legal Committee.
12. Political Sciences Committee.
Second: The Sectorial Disciplines Committees have the right to coordinate and cooperate with each other directly to facilitate the performance of their tasks.
Third: The Secretariat General, by the simple majority, has the right to divide or add committees of other specializations as well as merging any of it.
Twelfth Article: Establishment of Branches
1. The Forum has the right to open branches outside country of the headquarter if such will facilitate its business on a geographical basis based on a professional or numerical basis according to a special system to be set for this purpose.
2. That system shall take into account the legal burdens resulted from opening the branch in the country in which the branch is intended to be opened.
Thirteenth Article: Disbursement Rules and Accounting Procedures
– The Secretariat General takes over setting financial and accounting system that is compatible with the applicable financial and accounting rules and regulations in the headquarter country.
Fourteenth Article: Amending the Bylaws
– The Bylaws may be amended under a decision taken by the Secretariat General by two-thirds of its members.
Fifteenth Article: General Rule
– If there is contradiction between a text in these Bylaws and a text in the Articles of Association of the Forum, then text of Articles of Association will be applied. The Secretariat General shall interpret every ambiguous matter or that does not have a text in these Bylaws.